Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"I would have tripped him with a big root!"


Says, Dandeelyon when responding to the news of a mass shooting in Tucson Arizona last week.


The conversation happened next to a TV which was streaming the most recent headlines at a restaraunt.


"That man...he's a bad man. He's... well, grrr...I would have tripped him with a big root!!!"


A part of me was proud of her for being willing to stand up to the "bad" in this world. Another part of me wanted to shield her from it. Protect her from the thought of anything bad. Anything less than perfect. At the one hand, she needs to know in the right age appropriate context. On the other hand, I hate watching her wrestle with this new reality.


After dinner we went home and watched a fairy tale princess cartoon to regain some of the lost Innocence (daddy inlcuded)


No comments: